Grand Poohbah
Community Liaison

Member Since Jan 2015
981 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 03, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Hello

I don't know if it's weird or not, but I actually don't avoid situations or avoid people because I fear being criticized by them. I just fear the anxiety itself and how bad it feels. And actually, I probably fear being criticized by myself, not people, because in the back of my mind I know they're not going to criticize me so badly. Me on the other hand? I tear myself apart every chance I get.

Right now, at this point in my life, I have avoided everything in this world, and I absolutely have nothing. Even college, I don't go there anymore due to extremely distressing anxiety and I have failed this semester because of that. I even drive all the way there to college and instead of actually heading inside, I just sit in the car feeling too anxious to move a toe.

I really want to talk about it, but I just can't. Probably because I keep thinking that a lot of people are going through much more terrible stuff than what I'm going through (even people with AVPD who have it worse than me), which means I don't deserve to talk about it. But then again, that's basically Avoidant Personality Disorder in a nutshell

How about you guys? Do share why you avoid people or new situations! This thread is for all of us, not just for me or about me or about supporting me, it's about us all and how we deal with this disorder differently than each other
RenouncedTroglodyte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mulan, Onward2wards

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Onward2wards, Skeezyks