View Single Post
bpdtransformation

bpdtransformation has no updates.

10 yr Member
Default Feb 05, 2017 at 07:56 PM

Van Gore, what makes you think schizophrenia is primarily biological? I know of no evidence supporting this idea.

What I have read in John Read's work (Models of Madness), in Jonathan Leo's writing on recent studies of schizophrenia and genes, and in Jay Joseph's books (such as The Gene Illusion) show pretty convincingly that genes are not causal to psychosis in any meaningful sense of the word. They simply convey a varying vulnerability to stress under different circumstances. And, genes change throughout one's life including (obviously) after birth, via epigenetic interactions with the environment. So, things are hardly set or fixed in the way the false biological model of schizophrenia teaches. Things are much more hopeful than you think.

If you want to be more hopeful, you might study exactly how Jay Joseph picked apart the notion that twin studies prove a primarily biogenetic basis for schizophrenia. That was part of what helped me dismiss this myth and get to where I am now, where I work full-time, have no remaining symptoms, have good relationships, and am quite well most of the time.
bpdtransformation is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
still_crazy