8 yr Member
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 06, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
omg

i just clicked on that link advocate web. i have never seen it before. im crying right now. i dont think i rrealized how alone i felt in this until i read all of this in plain english.. that it has happened to others and it is devastating, and im not alone
(((JD)))
I have talked with dozens of people who have had this happen to them. This problem is so great- there are (good) mental health professionals in practice who actually specialize in this field. I mean this is such a huge problem...mental health professionals actually specialize in it. My PrevT is one of them. There are hundreds of professional articles and books devoted to the harm and sequelae of therapist abuse.

I emailed T.E.L.L. recently (not knowing what to ask for) and a retired psychiatrist whose name I recognize in the field kindly emailed me back....

I'm trying to say, no, you're not alone. And there are people who want to help.

This is a terrible issue. When it happens- it's difficult to find support. First, who do we discuss it with? Family and friends rarely understand. See a therapist? Why would we even trust another health professional after what we've been through? There are no group therapy meetings (there used to be one I knew about at UCLA years ago.)

But we can network online. Therapist/client abuse can isolate us, making us think we are the only one this has happened to...and make us think no one can possibly identify with us. But we are not alone.

JD, please let me know if there is any information I can give you that might help...I can tell you names of mental health professionals in this field. You can read their articles/books. You can contact them, if you think that would help.
Just any way I can help, please let me know.
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119

Thanks for this!
junkDNA