View Single Post
ghtyui

Member Since Feb 2017
Default Feb 07, 2017 at 05:53 PM

I've had one counselor tell me I had Schizotypal tendencies. I ignored him at the time because I felt he was full of it. Like so many other councelors he just strung me along, week after week, with no substance or progress until I quit going.
Recently I've finally made the connection in my behavior and with the help of my wife I can totally see that I have Schizotypal traits. Basically the way I talk and interact with people makes it obvious. I really am 'that guy' that I used to also talk about. WHatever disconnect I have, and I can't explain what it is, makes me say things that sound off, or wierd to other people. I don't ramble nonsense. All I know is that in emails, IM, phone calls and in person, when I think I'm having a normal conversating, there will be awkward pauses, and I will see other people exchange knowing glances.
I know I'm paranoid, but just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't judging me and that I'm not weird!
My big fear now is that this will cause me to get fired. I work at a pretty corporate job, with all the backstabbing, gossip, etc. I do damn good work, because I'm smart, but I'm also super conscientious and I don't want anyone to think I'm slacking off. I don't project enough self confidence and I know people don't like that. How do you other people with Schizotypal deal with the workplace?
ghtyui is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, tealBumblebee