mulan
Poohbah

mulan May it all be ok someday

10 yr Member
3,220 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Wink Feb 25, 2017 at 08:14 PM

I am trying to feel more and connect more with people. I realized that part of my problem comes from feelings of unreality and a somewhat disconnected mind.
I think I have loosed myself during childhood because my parents where very controlling, very critical, not very affectionate, unstable in the emotions they showed towards me. My mother is herself a little bit schizoid and my father, who was the affectionate one, was quick to anger and very scary when he was angry. So I loved him and feared him very much at the same time. My opinions were never heard and at the time I felt that most of my taste and ideas were negatively criticized by my parents and old sister.
I learn to shut down my wishes and do everything as they told me. I learned to shut down my feelings to keep myself from feeling sad and afraid of other people judgement.
Now that I have a job and I earn money I am starting to feel that I have some control over my life. I am learning that I don't have to wait for others aprovement and that I can do things on my own if I want to. But every time I come home I loose myself a bit so I can deal with my mother trying to control my life.
I want to have real feelings. I do have them when I am dreaming which is very weird. I can experience love and grief and my sleep, I know how they feel, but I can't feel them in real life.
Do you think that is possible to leave my schizoid state? Has someone been able to improve?
mulan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, Skeezyks, Watzupwichu

Thanks for this!
Raven22386