LonesomeTonight has no updates.

8 yr Member
74.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2017 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
Especially after 2 1/2 years. OP, you probably don't feel up to this now, but at some point if it were me I would raise an almighty stink about her realization that she couldn't help you two and a half years in.
Agreed...though my very experienced T admitted about 5 years in that she wasn't sure if what she was doing was helping me or enough for me. And brought up the possibility of hospitalization. That also really upset me. I forget if it was in that session or the next one that she said something that really crushed me: "I can't be your mother or your friend." I debated leaving after that...But then the next session, when I asked her about how she suddenly seemed so detached from me, she admitted that she was having some countertransference stuff (maternal) going on and was afraid she'd gotten too close to me to be objective about what I needed. So she was trying to pull back (and probably overcorrected).

So...is it possible something like that's going on maybe? Not that a T would necessarily admit that...(I was surprised that mine did).

Last edited by LonesomeTonight; Apr 15, 2017 at 06:59 PM..
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RainyDay107