View Single Post
BlueEyedMama
Grand Poohbah

BlueEyedMama missing my Mum in law.

8 yr Member
387 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2017 at 06:19 AM

Yesterday was a really rough day fatigue and pain wise. I fell into the 'why me' trap for a bit yesterday but after reflecting on it I remember what a friend said to me once which is that she tries to think 'why not me?' I let that sink in for a bit as I was curled up on the couch and it hit me. Why me? Because I am strong enough to power through the pain and the health flare ups that come my way. Yes, I wish that I didn't have lupus or lupus related health issues but the fact of the matter is that I do and have since 1998. I have powered through a lot of obstacles during those years and I am strong enough to keep doing so even or perhaps especially during particularly nasty flares like the one that is currently trying to kick my booty.

It got me to thinking. I am surrounded by some really strong people here on this forum. If I could I would take all of your pain and suffering away but I can't. What I can do is hold your hand as you battle through and continue to be in awe of your strength.

Have a blessed day. ~Gentle hugs~

Hugs from:
cakeladie, January, Kiya, lizardlady, Mayflower7

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, January, La.Last.Lucy, lizardlady, Mayflower7