View Single Post
Duckbruck

Member Since May 2017
Question May 06, 2017 at 09:03 PM

hello to you all

because of depression (Dystymia with reoccurring episodes of MDD) and a specific social anxiety (glossophobia | speech anxiety), I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for 3 weeks now...

I've started with 12,5mg for 3 days, then went up to 25mg for 7 days and finally upped to 50mg. Since I am on 50mg, I am dealing with some very "annoying" side effects:

# no appetite and no hunger (I've lost a few pounds and have become very skinny: 134 pounds @ 5'9, male)
# insomnia (falling asleep is difficult, shallow sleep, waking up a lot in the night... to my surprise I am not sleepy during daytime, but somewhat "stoned" and dazed.
# flat emotions, emotional dullness / blunting, apathy, anhedonia (it's like being a Vulcan or a Borg drone)
# loss of libido / no sex drive: I have no problem getting "him" hard, but there is no joy in it anymore. It's like being prepubescent. Even if Cara Delevingne jumped at me now, I wouldn't want to have sex with her.

I don't like this Sertraline-stuff. It took away everything human from me, everything that it's worth living for. Eating, sleeping, sex and emotions are the basic things of human existence, see Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I'd rather be depressive and anxious than how I am right now...

My next appointment with my psychiatrist is in 3 weeks. I will talk to him about discontinuing Sertraline and trying something else, maybe Mirtazapine? What can you recommend?

Greetings from Germany,
Duckbruck
Duckbruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote