SaharaSon

SaharaSon has no updates.

5 yr Member
44 hugs
given
Default May 13, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyfrogman View Post
The reason why your dad wouldn't tell you, because he knew you wouldn't understand. In a war, there are deaths, troops bleeding, and blood over the person trying to help the wounded. Seeing someone laying there dying, and they're telling you to make their parents realize they fought hard, and they hope they make them proud, in the meantime, their breathing becomes shallow, it's a frightening situation to see, the wounded are in shock, and their bodies are shaking, the wounded are extremely lethargic. With all due to with respect to you. Unless if you were in a combat situation, and you are under heavy fire. Imagine for a moment if you please, respectfully speaking here, your whole body is a target. Your head, face, neck, the back of your head, and everywhere you can think of. Your dad doesn't want you to have nightmares about it. That's why he doesn't tell you. No matter wounds you have. No one is left behind. You bring them back at all cost. Even if it means your life will end. When I finished Seal training, and that moment is when you wrote that blank check in the sum amount of my life will be taking. That check is still good. The blank check that everyone has ever served wrote that to pay for their freedom. We don't ask for gratitude for saving several troops, while being wounded to pull the fatalities back to safety, knowingly, if we go back to get more troops that are so wounded they cannot help themselves. They may be missing legs, arms, or the whole lower part of their bodies will be gone, or they got shot in the head, their entire head is barely attached. You have to ask this question. Do you really want to know?
Kentuckyfrogman, Yea you are right there is nothing to be gained by giving gory detalls to a kid whos mind is still developing psycologically or to anyone for that matter. But, a more generalized description may help them to understand and may help you to talk to someone to start dealing with your experiences. Tailor it according to who you are talking to. I have kept some things in me my whole life and I haven't benefited by doing that. I have been talking to my big brother about my childhood experiences in combat zones that he can't believe because no one ever told him, particularly my dad, who knew everything. He (brother) absorbs about 30% and it pisses me off. I'm even angry with him because he missed so many years of the fun. I've got Lots of anger in me but I am trying to take the edge off it. We need to communicate with each other. Its important for all parties involved. Shalom.
SaharaSon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote