View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default May 29, 2017 at 04:39 PM

Went to the book store today and saw a lot of books about "the secret". I didn't pick it up because I don't like the format of it, but it got me thinking. A few weeks ago I read a study that suggested that "groupthink" is real because they have proved that when you get into a group peoples brainwaves synch up. Their conclusion is that being in that group that has strong beliefs can actually change your mind. Almost suggesting that there is an external power to your mind. I.e., your brainwaves can influence someone elses externally. A real life example of this that I think is staring everyone in the face is US voting maps. Red states all clump together and blue areas are all on the cost. There is a clear geographic component.

I also thought of a book I read a few years back on neuroplacticity. That author also had that theory. But her suggestion was that your mind... can make physical changes in your brain. His theory was that it wasn't from the inside. She had a study that showed OCD people got three ways of dealing with their problem. (1) Drugs; (2) cognitive behavior therapy and (3) nothing. Each was given pet scans. Only the cognitive behavior therapy people had physical changes to their brains. The actual brain looked different in them, as if it had been remodeled.

This is also suggested by buddhism and meditation. If you read those books they always suggest that your mind and brain are different things. And that your mind is able to have external effects on your body. From my point of view I think this could be what prayer is. People believe so firmly in prayer. After all, it works. But is it prayer to a higher deity or is it just a bunch of people sitting around all thinking the same thing that sends out brain waives or something to make it happen?

Think of times that good things have happened because the entire world was sitting around watching and "praying" -- apollo 13, miners trapped under ground, baby jessica? Similarly think about bad things that have happened because people might have all had bad thoughts -- the titanic? Claimed to be "unsinkable" and then sinks on its maiden voyage.

I also feel like there might be something to it because of animals. Not just pets but sometimes wild animals seem to know what I am thinking. I mean have you ever run into like a deer and you stopped because you wanted to look at it and be kind and it just kind of stood there for you. Like it got it. Like it knew what you were sending out and based because it felt safe.

Anyway, I wonder sometimes if this is what is actually happening to me. That I am able to send out vibes from a diseased brain that is holding me back and keeping me down. While if I changed my thoughts and forced a different perspective things would change.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
bearguardian, hvert, profound_betrayal