View Single Post
mccarrolmike

Member Since Jun 2017
5 hugs
given
Default Jun 15, 2017 at 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litha11 View Post
Hello everyone. I was on stimulants for about 3 solid years in total because I started having ADHD symptoms. A few months ago I went cold turkey off of vyvanse because I started having a racing heart and minor palpitations even at the starter dose. Without ADHD medication I do not feel like myself anymore. I know this is most likely because I went off cold turkey but I fear for my health if I continue to take stimulants.

Without my stimulant medication I feel like I am in a fog. I think so much that I am unable to sit and focus on anything. My memory also is very bad and I feel unable to experience pleasure. The stimulants had also lifted my symptoms almost completely, making me happy and stablizing my mood. On top of helping me focus which I am seemingly unable to do without them.

I feel unable to control anything in my life without my ADHD meds. I feel like if this state of mind does not correct itself I will never be ok again. Sorry if this is dramatic.

My questions would be: Does anyone have experience with getting off ADHD meds? Is your experience similar? And how can I cope with stimulant withdrawal?
Sweet heart, I have been on stimulants for 10 years and without a drug vacation.
I completely comprehend what you are going through.
I been down that road...
When I suddenly stop as my Doctor retired and didn't see another doc to prescribe me the Dextrostats, I didn't feel like my normal self again.
Without Dextrostats, the colors to life morphed into black and white.
I became clinically depressed.

Until this day, I have to take Wellbutrin and Lexapro to be able to function.

In those 10 years, I never used the stimulant as directed. I abused them.
I couldn't resist feeling the comedowns when I could keep redosing and partying with my friends. At times, I didn't sleep because I would go night clubbing and would dance all night long.

So, please be careful about considering taking other forms of amphetamines because they are habit forming. Also, not everyone has addicting personalities and would take them as prescribed.

I surely hope your are doing well.
mccarrolmike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote