Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum220 View Post
I am very concerned about one of our members here and the financial duress that she finds herself under.

The post by DocJohn was over 10 years ago. I am wondering if the rules have changed in any way and if so how?

Is it still necessary for the individual to apply for the grant themselves?

Any reply would be good.
making a guess here based on ....if the rules have not changed.... the person who needs the money must be the one applying because they will need to supply proof (documentation) of the bills that they need the money for...

also something to think about... if any members could nominate others to get the money who is to say someone hasnt made a second account on a second computer and are actually nominating their self....not to mention with out having to be the one applying that could open the door for scammers due to how would the one nominating be able to supply proof of need and such.

I have donated through a friends paypal account for anonymity purposes and happen to like the fact of knowing there are strict guidelines and process for this to ensure members money is going to the right places. on a more personal level Im not sure if I would continue to donate should just anybody be able to nominate each other for the funds drives and not have to show the proof stated in the above rules.

Thanks for this!
possum220