View Single Post
Fresia
Wandering soul

Member Since Apr 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2017 at 09:51 AM

Being homeless at one point, I can appreciate being able to support oneself. Having a steady income at this point, I can now save a lot of it to prevent this from happening in the future, paranoid you could say, because I know it can all be gone in a moment. I would not like to have to worry though and to take that pressure off, I would like to have a cushion.

If I had more, I could put more towards retirement, continue to donate to the various charities that helped me, give to others that I would like to be able to support, and put even more for my niece's and nephew's futures. I would be ok if I were wealthy because savings is always at the top of the list. I would keep doing what I am doing for work though as long as I possibly can, well, because I am definitely financially paranoid.

It completely boggles my mind that most lottery winners are broke within 2 years. I can comprehend how it happens but it breaks my heart.

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -M.Angelou
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anaïs Nin.
It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
-Dalai Lama XIV
Fresia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47, WoundedGirl