Thread: Am I schizoid?
View Single Post
Bookworm257

Member Since Jun 2017
16 hugs
given
Confused Jul 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM

So, I am the person who always sits alone at lunch, but I'm not lonely. I always know how to entertain myself by drawing comics or reading or whatever. In truth, I have absolutely no desire for friendships other than one friend I've known my whole life. I also don't want to date anyone ever really, even if I develop a crush on them. I seem to fit a lot of the criteria for this disorder, including trouble expressing emotions outwardly, and being kinda distant and angerless. I spend most of my time locked up in my room or in the backyard by myself to get away from people. My dad's gf actually annoys me by saying I never talk to people and that I need friends in order to be happy. I keep telling her I'm fine without friends and don't mind it, but she won't listen, it just doesn't make sense to her. I don't like it when my dad asks if I'm ok when I'm visibly sad because I don't like talking about my feelings and getting my dad involved in my personal feelings, but maybe that's normal for a teenager. I don't like socializing at all, unless of course it's my own parents I see everyday, but even that can be boring and make me want to isolate myself. And I do come across as distant and emotionless, and I am sort of. Maybe I'm just introverted and overreacting, but I need your opinion on this.
Bookworm257 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote