Forums at Psych Central - View Single Post - My girlfriend is always sick!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 AM
Jimi the rat

Jimi the rat
-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: My girlfriend is always sick!

Being overweight is hard because you're actually carrying a lot around. Now I'm not saying she should "just" lose weight, because it is not all that easy. But being heavy does make you tired. Imagine carrying another person on your back all day. You'd be exhausted. Then add statins to cause more symptoms... Like you need it!

I think the issue maybe is more that she is open about it? I know I would come across as the whiniest person if I actually told all my issues. I have chosen to shut the F up most days because when I grew up we didn't talk about pain and discomfort, it was a sign of weakness. Now I don't say this is the way to go, but it is how I was raised.

Like today I am itching from some foot fungus that flared a little from stress (yuk I know), my back feels stiff and hurts a bit, my right shoulder is giving me trouble again, I must go take the Prilosec soon or the heartburn will start, I don't feel much like eating, no appetite, but I will have to eat something... and this is a VERY good day pain and energy wise for me.

Back surgery has a very poor success rate, sad to inform you about that.

Maybe you need to help her getting into a habit of good eating and exercise by joining her in that. Now I cannot know if you guys' diet is crap and that you never go out to move around for fun, but it seems the curse of the western world to deprive our bodies of healthy nutrients and do everything we can to kill our energy.