View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2017 at 06:57 AM

I've been hospitalized for depression 3 times, all in the same psych hospital. They were all mostly good experiences.

The first time I was in was on a women's unit that speciallized in treating trauma and women with complex illnesses. The staff were all really nice and I was assigned a nurse for the duration of my stay, and I met with her a minimum of 2 times a day, and could go to her at anytime, if I needed to talk. I saw my psychiatrist every 2 days, and they had lots of good groups. I was in for 8 weeks.

The second time I was admitted was to a step down unit from the main mood disorders unit. It was much freer than the other ward. If we didn't have group we could come and go as we pleased, as long as we told the nurses where we were going, and when we'd back. On that unit, we had our own rooms with private bathrooms - that was the height of luxury. I was in 4 weeks.

My 3'rd admission was a bit more of a mixed bag. I went in through the ER and they didn't have any beds in the women's unit, so they stuck me in the General Psychiatric Union. It was pretty scary. There was no therapy, and seemed to be a holding pen for people who were involuntarily committed. And you had everything represented - lots of people with psychosis. My main objective was to lay low, and not get noticed. I was in there 5 days, and then got a move back to the women's unit I was on the first time I was in. It was good, and I was in 4 weeks that time.

If I was ever feeling unsafe, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to that hospital.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777, Kiya