View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 12, 2017 at 05:41 PM

I swear being unemployed and looking for work is more work than having a job. Struggling to figure out how to stretch my budget as far as possible.

I'm literally out of money. Fortunately, I was able to put some gas in my car and buy stamps, which I need to send out thank you notes for all the job interviews I've been on. I feel really good about the fact that I will have a new job in a few weeks, but it's been 13 weeks of unemployment already, and so I've used up all my unemployment benefits. (Well I get my final week of payment next week, but it's only $275 and it's already promised to a couple of different bills that I have to pay.)

I've had to work so hard to communicate with all my billing agencies about getting extensions and when I can pay. I have to go to the Humane Society to take advantage of their dog food pantry to get free dog food. I'm trying to get United Way to pay my electric bill for this month. On top of that I have to have money to put gas in my car so I can make it to job interviews all over town. Plus keeping searching for new potential opportunities...being unemployed and trying to make ends meet feels like a full-time job in and of itself.

It's just so stressful and creating a lot of additional anxiety that I don't need right now, especially since I have generalized anxiety disorder already anyhow.

Just had to vent.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, All Is Revealed, Anonymous50013, Anonymous57777, Anonymous59908, Anonymous87914, bpforever1, Cat_Lover_58, Guiness187055, hvert, Jen35, LadyShadow, marvin_pa, MickeyCheeky, nonightowl, profound_betrayal, Sometimes psychotic, Turtle_Rider, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, nonightowl, Sassandclass