View Single Post
La.Last.Lucy

Member Since Oct 2017
4 hugs
given
Default Oct 24, 2017 at 01:56 AM

Hi everyone.... I know I’m still an outsider so this topic or issue may seem a bit bold or inappropriate for me to bring to the table- but it has been a topic discussing with a therapist never resolves or I come to an understanding of how it has effects is effecting and will continue to effect me. With Fibro CFS MS chronic pain just any consistent physical ailment there is one (of many parts) part of my emotional physical and mental realm that I have yet to grow and understand. Intimacy... not just the physical act.... but that being a huge component of it obviously. Regardless of age gender identify sexual orientation or single or in a relationship etc.... I feel well sad but also confused and always worried. Wether one is in a wheelchair or quite able bodied the physical limitations and stress and time Dr appointments ER etc that encompasses my life, effects intimacy. I do have nightmares that my significant other will leave me not just because of how stressful my ailments are but the rarity of the physical intimacy. Even trying to lay on the couch, my neck hurts so I have to continuously adjust which is frustrating just to want to be near while watching a movie. How do they feel when after well an activity that I immediately grab ice packs or my tens unit. I know my uh “sexuality” does not define me as a person nor makes me less then others but there is still a pang in my chest that radiates and brings a heaviness to my chest. I am more mature in my years now mentally and in understanding that emotional/physical competent regarding self worth and self esteem and while in a relationship. But I would just like to know that I am not the only one who has had to ruminate or even have to think of this issue. Therapists will have advice and listen of course. But unless you have lived it or are still living in the position of being effected by a physical limitation..... I discount the advice.... just want to know I’m not the only one that maybe even only once, who has had to think about it.... validation yes that’s the “term” lol
Thanks and apologies at the same time

Hugs from:
January, jaynedough, spondiferous, Wild Coyote, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, January, spondiferous, Wild Coyote, ~Christina