View Single Post
Fresia
Wandering soul

Member Since Apr 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2017 at 03:20 AM

The one dog, when she listens, tilts her head 90 degress, like a lot of dogs do but if she is really listening intently, she turns her head 180-200/220 degrees, upside down and further. This I had never seen before. It is almost as if her head in on a swivel and not attached. It freaks people out; it's cute that she tries so hard to understand, I fear she will hurt herself though. However, she does it so fast at times, I expect to see the exorcist come out in my dog for a full 360. Then I will freak out.

One of the other dogs, no matter what we've done will not eat or drink or do anything with things that are stainless steel or look like it. She won't even go near the fridge, stove or dishwasher, so that she won't go in the kitchen. Even the vets table is a struggle. I am out of ideas on how to help her with this. I was told lately to make everything around her stainless to face her fear, sort of like immersion therapy..... we'll see if that might work.

The third dog, knowing how dogs shed, she sheds black balls/large fluffy tufts. She is part Australian Shepard, she herds her tufts by blowing them or shuffling them around into particular corners if I don't get to them first, then sometimes plays with them, tosses them, will roll in them. like kids do with leaves in the fall. Sometimes I let it go, sometimes it makes too much more of a mess. It is fun to watch her play though.

I have a fish that does 2 somersaults before I feed her. Never taught her to do that but the kids love watching her and her excitement.

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -M.Angelou
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anaïs Nin.
It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
-Dalai Lama XIV
Fresia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, possum220, Rj1331, WayOffTrack