View Single Post
morbidlymorbid

morbidlymorbid optimistic pessimist

5 yr Member
Default Oct 30, 2017 at 08:13 PM

i had to give them away a while ago because i was looking for a new place but i had rats. if youve ever owned them yourself youll know how intelligent, friendly and generally quirky they are. i didnt like keeping them caged so, so long as i was in, i would essentially let them live outside of the cage with me. theyd make dens in random places and come see me when they wanted to interact or eat w.e i was snacking on.

theyre so playful, its hard to pick one quirk, like theyre love of climbing things just to climb them, or hiding in my hoodie while i was wearing it.
but the most memorable quirk that id like to mention, if they were in their cage and i came to see them for snacks or general fussing over them, theyd come to the top of the cage where i would lift the roof off to interact. but if i had the cage roof down, and stuck my fingers through the centre of the roof, they would climb up and monkey swing over to my fingers. it was very impressive, especially the fact that they knew thats what i wanted them to do.
i miss my rattyrats.

Hugs from:
lizardlady

Thanks for this!
CepheidVariable, lizardlady, Nammu, possum220