vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 04, 2017 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Loop View Post
I'm really intrigued by this method because I have had a similar thought about the cause of my depression and friends of mine who share a similar form of depression. For me I noticed that when I had brief periods without depression I would have a more conscious ability to make decisions. Once I noticed that it felt empowering to act on conscious decisions I tried to make a habit of it. Unfortunately I never got too far with this mindset and slipped back into depressive behaviors and thoughts quickly. I think the idea of putting an action with this method is a fantastic idea. Currently I'm doing better with the help of medication but I can't wait to implement your snap method to help with the years of bad habits I am trying to break. Thank you for sharing and I'll give an update after putting it into practice.
Hi 8loop,

Thanks, and what you're doing sounds really promising and exciting to me. It could be the start of a great adventure. It sure was for me. You can find some more notes about it if you look at my personal information or PM me.

I know that the whole thing sounds sort of silly, but you'll find if you look through this thread (for instance), it can sometimes have a really dramatic profound effect. When people are starting, I always say to make lots of silly decisions that aren't important and to savor and enjoy that little moment of deciding. I think it's especially helpful to think of and decide to do something...anything...that you would not do ordinarily. For my last round of patients, the first exercise was to look around the room pick some object in the room, then, in front of everybody, just walk across the room and touch it.

- vital

Thanks for this!
8Loop