View Single Post
Purple,Violet,Blue
Magnate

Purple,Violet,Blue has no updates.

5 yr Member
10.3k hugs
given
Default Nov 06, 2017 at 03:49 PM

Me too. I'm trying to be more open about my mental health issues. And, surprisingly, it feels quite good.

Not good. But a relief.

Things came to a head when I flipped with an aggressive superior at work. Not just once, but twice.

Basically, I was pretending to be happy when I wasn't happy.

Instead of making an excuse, in the conversations that followed my blow up, I just decided there and then to say thing's as they were.

People think my company is a 'soft' employer. But they're not. Behind the scenes, no-one speaks back to the higher-ups.

Joining this forum had an effect. I got to know some people on here a little bit. They were nice! Sensitive. And my heart went out to them, seeing how they struggled to maintain their integrity in a bruising and indelicate world.

I don't know how it will turn out but I'm genuinely impressed so far with my superiors response.

I have made a space for myself in which I can say what I need and what I won't accept.

I am prepared to quit the job, if necessary.

So, those things in combination (saying for the first time that I wasn't happy, and being ready to leave) made me feel like I was no longer trapped.
Purple,Violet,Blue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, katydid777

Thanks for this!
Cocosurviving