View Single Post
cryingontheinside
Magnate

cryingontheinside has no updates.

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2017 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abusedtoy View Post
This was so hard, but I have been able to overcome food addiction one day finally. Firstly, it had to do with my thoughts, because thoughts would proceed to action, if we let it. If we do not let it, thoughts remain as thoughts and it cannot harm you physically, unless you allow it to be so. It is about habit. Know that it is a gradual process and not an overnight thing. We have to be patience to see it turns out the better. Okay, so what I have started, I started with my thoughts. I tried to intentionally think about other things, other than food. Whenever I think about food, I learn to switch my thought as quick as possible to other things instead, to distract myself. It started with my mentality. I started to think about the disadvantage of eating too much - being overweight, it changed with the look on the outside, and especially health problems. These are the warning signs I would heed to it, then I started to self discipline myself. Self control is what helped me to refrain from food addiction, when this gratification can be satisfied through other things; other things that would also give me contentment. I then ate less and less overtime, oh it was hard, but it has to do with determination. I was determined. What was my goal? What is your goal? Then, head towards that goal. Believe you are not a loser, but an overcomer. Then, when I saw food in front of me, I looked away. When I smelled food around me, I pretend that it is not there. When I dreamed about food, I fought it with my thoughts. It is a thought battle. It is an invisible waging war. I was mouth watering, to the point, I was so close to the food in front of me, but then I consciously stepped away with the fight with a thought - the thought of desiring the "outcome" of the end goal. I eventually, with success, able to overcome it. The less I eat, the less I want to eat. Yes, there is hunger pain and it is crying out to me that I need to eat. But, I kept in mind that life is more than food. There is more to just the gratification of the flesh. The body can adjust when you form a habit. It becomes easier overtime and closer to breaking up with this addiction, when you "persists", then it will become a character.
I just started slimming world . I hope I can overcome food addiction too. Well done . I'm glad you did so well
cryingontheinside is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
abusedtoy