Forums at Psych Central - View Single Post - Dealing with attachment
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Newly Joined

Newly Joined
berick13 has no updates.

1 yr Member
Default Dealing with attachment

All my life i have dealt with the issues i have,but now I feel like its getting worse.When I was two my parents split,leaving my brother,sister,and me with only our mother. I remember not even knowing what my father looked like or even what he sounded like.When they got back together when I was five I was so happy,couldn't wait to meet my father.The earliest interactions I can remember is him asking me to get him things like a sandwhich or something to drink.All the while wondering when he would spend time with me.As the years passed,I has this great idea to try and play sports.Dad loves sports so maybe if I played one he would notice me.So I started playing baseball wasn't very good but thought he might be proud of me.Instead all I got was him complaining about taking me to practice.Feeling defeated I just quit, what was the point?Later,I would try the same thing with football but when I got the same result I quit that too.To this day I hate Halloween because all I wanted was for my father to take me trick or treating.However, all I heard was how he didn't wanna go.Growing up,I had no one to talk to about it,my brother would just tell me to grow some balls.Never got along with my sister,and my mother was either to tired from work or would dismiss anything I said.I thought I was handling things pretty good,loved to be around people but now I feel like I don't belong anywhere or with anyone.Even when I met people whom I share common interests with I still feel like I'm not wanted.I want to mend to broken relationship with my father so I can move on but I know the chances of that are slim.Sorry for the long story I hate typing a lot but I just wanted to be heard for once.
berick13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from: