Thread: Hollywood
View Single Post
Anonymous50025

Default Nov 25, 2017 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter loneliness View Post
I feel that the issue is the perceived power difference. An older, sometimes unattractive man, groping young women.
Yes, I think that behaviour is exactly what we are seeing now, and Weinstein is straight out of casting.

(SIDENOTE: I hade no idea that Louis C.K. existed until he was named as the chronic masturbater I front of unwilling women. Now that HBO has sanitized itself of Louis, I have no way of acquainting myself with his work.)

But I also know that this “perceived power difference,” that male disease, is acted upon by Taco Bell managers and fabric line managers: It is that paternalistic belief that men are ever more powerful than women and that a ‘little put-down,’ a bit of objectifying, can put women in their place.

I could go on and on... but I agree with you in a double-plus-good manner.

(SIDENOTE 2: There was a short, but detailed, article in The Atlantic that addressed this issue... and asked the sanitation questions. Stop watching Tarantino because his films were produced by Harvey Weinstein? Spacey films, as well (and, should Spacey return his two Oscars)? Oh, and with 81 Oscar wins, does The Weinstein Company return that treasure trove of statuettes?)? Unless you’ve invested in every Kevin Spacey Blu-Ray, maybe you’ll never se “L.A. Confidential?”

I dunno.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote