Thread: Hollywood
View Single Post
Anonymous50025

Default Nov 26, 2017 at 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter loneliness View Post
I know that there are a lot of arguments about this. ^

I don't have an answer. I personally understood the musical skill of Michael Jackson. But the fact that he was a sexually predatory, pedophile made me hate him.

I try to separate the abuse from the art. It is difficult. Growing up I loved Woody Allen. When I became an adult, I realized that many of his movies were about young, vulnerable women and a creepy, older, male protagonist.
Yep, when Woody Allen (who sent me an autographed photo with a signed letter, apologising that he had no Annie Hall scripts at hand) said the “witch hunt” thing, I thought that was pretty creepy. From Annie Hall (plausible) to a 40-something dating the teenaged Mariel Hemingway in Manhattan? Skin crawling creepiness.

Meh. I kept watching his movies until they began to bore me. And this during the time he was going through his separation from Mia Farrow and marrying his ex-sorta-daughter.

My vote is to keep Spacey’s previous work flowing and to let Oscar winners keep their awards. To my knowledge, Weinstein is the only man to be relieved of his Academy membership.

One effed-up situation and it makes me feel ill.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote