View Single Post
Zelev

Member Since Aug 2007
Question Nov 28, 2017 at 09:19 PM

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to expose my narcissistic mother by telling the truth using social media:

I was blessed with two parents high on the spectrum for narcissism. My father was diagnosed later in life as having schizoid personality disorder as well. My mother was a covert narcissist (martyr type). I was sexually, physically and emotionally abused by my father starting at age 6. This continued until I was about 12 when I finally got the courage to stand up to him. Father was medically retired from the military, so he didn't have to work. He would binge on alcohol, drugs, have affairs and spend all the money. It was feast or famine at my house. My mother knew everything and did nothing. Her excuse was she couldn't take care of us alone. I was the sacrifice she made. She worked to keep things together when my father messed up. I was left and home to care for my younger siblings. I had very few friends and no social life. I was a latch key kid and live in babysitter. One of my brother even told his friends I was the maid.

Later on my parents became foster parents for two of my younger distant cousins (on my mother's side of the family). My female cousin who has a learning disability was sexually abused by him when she was 8 years old. My mother only turned my father in because my cousins were in the foster care system and it would be difficult to hide it. My father got a year in jail, 5 years probation and had to register as a sex offender.

My father died several years ago. Every anniversary of his death, his birthday and Veteran's Day my brothers post his pictures on social media in remembrance. The send his picture in group texts messages that include me.

Everyone in my immediate family knows who he really was but my mother rides the sympathy train. My extended family only knows the good version not the pedophile, drunk who beat the crap out of us. All my brothers seem to have forgotten. My father's dead, but he's still in my life. I'm constantly reminded by him.

My mother has emotionally abused me my entire life. Nothing I do is important. I can't rely on her to help me with anything. She lies to me. She has taken advantage of me financially. Takes credit for things I do. She tells other family members things about me that aren't true.

My younger cousin who was abused has always struggled. In high school she was extremely promiscuous. She's done drugs, children with different fathers, unable to hold a job down. She seems happy most of the time in spite of this.

I'm tired of pretending it didn't happen. I'm planning to let her family know that she is lying. I'm going to tell the truth and show them my father's mugshot and criminal record. Problem is I'm worried about calling out my little sister.

What do you think?

Last edited by Zelev; Nov 28, 2017 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Typos
Zelev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul