View Single Post
Talthybius
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2016
Default Nov 30, 2017 at 08:13 PM

I don't know what you are really describing, so I can only comment on my own experience with my fantasy life.

Mine seems to be floating away from me. It is more obvious everyday that it is fleeting. I thought that it would be real enough for it to be comforting to me, and for it to fill the holes in my actual life. In my fantasy world I can control how people perceive me, so I come across the way I think I ought to come across; be the real me.

But it is all becoming grey, being diluted with time. The romanticism and the emotional intensity is disappearing. I guess part of it is me getting older and actual life occupying more of my time. I should become more desperate to maintain the same level of fantasy life. But instead, I now have to deal with my mundane life and accept that I am going to become this old person without these cool traits I think I should have to be the true me. And things I need to accept myself as an actual mundane person becoming old; I don't have those and I don't see any strong progression there.
Talthybius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Timaabmfo

Thanks for this!
Timaabmfo