Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
111 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 01, 2017 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nullandvoid_ View Post
I had a very rich and intricate fantasy life for many years (since I was a kid). There were two kinds, the fictional fantasies, and real life introjects (having conversations with real people in my life - but as the real me, not my facades).

I felt more emotional in my fantasies than in real life. I became attached to them and the characters. It felt safe to be me and express myself there than with anyone in real life.

It became such a habit that a few years ago I had to make a real concerted effort to stop, and it was really hard at first.

I spent many hours per day in fantasy. I don't know why I stopped, except that 3 years ago I started getting back in the real world again, working and stuff.

But I also have felt a lot more stressed, and frustrated, since I stopped. I kind of miss it, and still go there some times.

It's something that was very private and I kept to myself. I guess I started feeling like atleast some of it was childish and that's why I stopped. I was in my late 30's when I finally gave it up.

I never felt like it was abnormal, it was just a very private thing, but it did start to feel childish to me.
I've done something very similar since childhood and still do it sometimes. It can be very tempting to escape into my fantasy world. But after a bit it gives me brain fog.
LittleEarthquakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue, Timaabmfo

Thanks for this!
Timaabmfo