Thread: Hollywood
View Single Post
Anonymous50025

Default Dec 01, 2017 at 09:46 PM

Yes... Lauer. This has become an avalanche of bad, and often predatory, conduct that some men in power have perpetuated over decades.

If throngs of women accuse Tom Hanks of inappropriate behavior, I’m gonna...

Possible trigger:

Really, Tom Hanks is one of the nicest people that I have ever met (briefly - can’t say that I know him). His love for his wife is already a Hollywood legend. I watched Philadelphia again the other night. There is no way that such a brilliant actor could... oh, yeah, Kevin Spacey. He hasn’t had much to say after his two tweets and rush of people who came forward to acknowledge his predatory antics.

I think that, as a nation, we’re waiting for dozens of more shoes to drop. We are wondering who might be next. And we wonder, we wonder, how bad the next will be.

It is odd that President Drumph got a ‘pass’ for his inappropriate and disgusting behavior while others are being fired or blackballed (with just cause).

Matt Lauer - what, two decades as the male host of the most popular early morning news program? And doesn’t everyone need to tell the tales of Keyser Söze to their children?

Roy Moore is sure to be elected as Alabama’s junior senator. In this sleaze-fest, he is one of the worst (and best well-documented) offenders. We all know that he will win the election but we don’t know what will happen afterwards. Will he take an oath of office or will the GOP majority find a loophole to deny him the seat?

I was keeping a list of these now-outed predators but it was taking too much of my time. And it was getting sickening.

I shared my stomach-churning attempt to touch a girl inappropriately, yes?

I was also charged with SEXUAL HARASSMENT once. I felt sick, then, too. Because I was not guilty of the charge nor were the other two men charged. I had dated this woman, long before she became a work colleague, and we had a six-month or so relationship which included sex. We had parted on such good terms that when she asked me for a recommendation for a job opening at my place of employment, I was happy to oblige. She was hired for the position but I saw little of her as we were in different departments.

Nonetheless, she said that our previous relationship constituted sexual harassment because my recommendation was based upon our sexual relationship and that she feared that I might rescind my recommendation on a whim putting her job in jeopardy. We went through labor board arbitration and her charges were found to be false. She resigned. Everyone thought her mad/crazy. Maybe she was, although I never voiced my opinion one way or another.

So I have experience as a groper - grabber? - and have been charged with sexual harassment. Yes, at 15 I slid my hand to try to cop a feel - “grab them by the *****,” as our president would say - and at 28, I was falsely charged with sexual harassment.

But.

Yes, but.

I wonder, now, how I might have offended women by other means, and I have a recent example. I was hospitalized due to pneumonia and a symptom (edema) of Cardiac Heart Failure. I had become confused... my normal weight is 112 pounds but I had swollen so, and I was so confused, that it took six days to safely get 105 pounds of water-weight-gain from my body. During my stay I had a nurse (with a terribly strange name) who gave me such terrific care, explaining in far more detail than my doctor exactly what was going on, why I had so much blood work, the results of tests, &etc. She was (is still, I hope) lovely - had I been 30-years younger, she would have been my ‘type’: Tall and slender yet athletic and fit with long blonde hair and just lovely. When I found that I was to be discharged, I told her of my appreciation and I also told her that I thought that she was lovely.

She blushed and told me that I had made her week; nay, her month.

I wonder if telling a woman - outside of the workplace - that she is attractive will become taboo? Was I out-of-line with my nurse (for her visage was so fair that it appealed to my reason to live)?

I don’t know. I know that I have surely complimented those whom I have had sex concerning their appearance. My long and tall and slender and delicious 60-year-old ‘lady friend’ is as delightful now as she was at 16, when we were first lovers. The big difference now is time. What we once took an hour to accomplish now may take four hours (if, indeed, we have the skills and desires to accomplish same).

I am settled into a routine and am bloody ineffable that I no longer need look for new women, no longer need to be an old fart on the dating circuit. The rules are changing or have changed. How, now, does one approach the most fabulous girl at the cocktail party? How do the beautiful approach one another?

Ach. Things change. More pigs will be named and tossed from the sty. And we will feel some shame if those named were among our favorite celebrities.

Shame on them. They do not die with one accusation but in the accrued witnesses. There are patterns. I was never friends with crude men (and yet my effing crude language might seem otherwise). I never had an older mentor or superior who was crude, although they had great power over others.

They will continue to be outed and that is a good thing. Let the cards fall where they made.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
winter loneliness