View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Two days after a really good conversation with a friend, I realized that the "grounding" is the full shadow of "Icarus." And understandably, any negotiated inner resolutions involving becoming more "grounded" triggered resistance from the "let's not stop feeling happy, excited, joy" contingent.

Also mediated on joining with flowing/river energy. Mashing these two together brought forward, "Oh, grounding isn't what heals! It's surfacing!"

Grounding—probably promoted by meditation teachers and gurus to people sitting very still, in quiet, away from their active goals and life among others. Makes full sense to say, "while mediating, breathe gently, allow yourself to feel grounded down your spine and through the floor to the core of the earth ... " But, ha! They are all sitting still.

Icarus, in contrast, is in motion, and had he not flamed and crashed, would have made a good escape. I need my remedy to work while I, too, stay in motion. Icarus's affirming intent was not to fly but to leave captivity.

Surfacing allows me to continue in motion. The word immediately evokes ideas about motion on the surface of the planet. Rivers, roads, trails, all are channels for motion that are sketched over the skin of the planet.

The word also is close to polishing and finishing for me. This reminds me to bring careful attention to the work at hand, to details, to making something attractive and beautiful.

Goodbye grounding, Hello Surfacing.

R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote