View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Dec 17, 2017 at 02:49 PM

Honestly I can't really answer your question. But I noticed no one had replied to your post. So I thought I would. Perhaps some other members who have had experience with this will yet reply. I've never been on Neurontin although it has been suggested to me because I have a condition sort-of like restless leg syndrome except that I feel it throughout my entire body. I noticed though that you are also on Klonopin & Cymbalta. I took Klonopin for a while as a remedy for tinnitus which I also have. And I was on the maximum recommended dosage of Cymbalta for quite a while (memory fails me as to how long... over a year I would guess.) Anyway, I had no difficulty going off of either Klonopin or Cymbalta.

Realistically I probably wasn't on the Klonopin long enough to develop a real dependency. But I was on Cymbalta long enough to do so. And I've read horror stories about people's experiences going off of that too. When I told my pdoc I wanted to go off, he recommended a tapering schedule that took me from the maximum recommended dosage down to nothing over the course of two weeks. I thought this seemed very fast. But since it was his recommendation I went with it & it worked out fine. So, I guess the point of all of this is simply try not to become too overly concerned based on reports you've heard or read. Even if other individuals have had difficult experiences, that doesn't absolutely mean you would too. I wish you well...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Neenagirl

Thanks for this!
Neenagirl