View Single Post
Walkingwithspiders

Member Since May 2017
Default Dec 19, 2017 at 09:07 AM

Getting off atypical antipsychotics (I had to stop once due to liver failure and once due to seizures) was hard on me physically both time. Here is was I can tell you: lost any interest in food, nausea, diarrhea, increased psychosis, muscle aches, excessive salivation. Except for the interest in food, this lasted about 2 months. My interest in food (everything simply tasted horrible) remained low until I went back on haldol which i seem to tolerate better. That said, I was on very high doses and the first time I was already very sick due to my liver function so it might not have been that bad if I could have gone down slowly or was not sick.

Getting off amphetamines was worse. I was mean. It want until a few months later that I realized how mean I got. Also I actually found them helpful so I missed the extra energy. Getting off benzos wasn't really that hard. I hated being on them.

Going off antidepressants was always pretty easy. I generally went off because the side effects were too much so the lack of side effects more than made up for any withdrawal symptoms!

My suggestion is to drink plenty of fluids and take care of yourself as if you have a cold. Basically take it easy.
Walkingwithspiders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Neenagirl

Thanks for this!
MeditatingMan, Neenagirl