View Single Post
acuphoria

Member Since Dec 2017
46 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2017 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafriend306 View Post
Anxiety growing with each new day. I am feeling less confident and more and more worthless too.

I have to find a job - soon. I received my last disability check today and will need an income with which to pay rent come February.

I knew full well this was a crappy time of year to be looking for one. As of this date I have applied for 26 jobs - and not heard from a single one. This is all very disconcerting and hits my confidence and self-esteem quite hard. What is wrong with me I am asking myself? It is reaching the point that I worry too that I am suffering paranoia and jumping to every negative conclusion that can be thought of.

This is not a situation I have ever been in before. I've normally had a choice of job offers. I am really freaking out.
I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time. I was in this boat for a few months. I had rent pending and needed a paycheck asap so I could pay it on time.

One thing I learned through my job search was that the more jobs you apply for the better your chances are. The job market is very hard nowadays. There was a week where I set a limit to myself - minimum 50 applications a day. It took me a few hours each day but really helped me confidence - because the more I did the more likely I would be to get a response.
After that week, while I was submitting my 50 for the next day, I got a hit from the job that is now my current place.

Just relax. Things will be okay.

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Buffy01