View Single Post
cowboy87

Member Since Jun 2015
4 hugs
given
Default Jan 01, 2018 at 12:34 AM

So after moving to another state. I found that the medical system has failed me again at being able to get easy access to my medicine. I have had enough. I am tired of the long waits, the frequent phone calls, standing in line at the pharmacy, the agonizing side effects of my medicine, the constant fear of someone breaking into my car, locker, lunch bag to steal my medicine, and trying to find a decent psychiatrist.

Before I was taking:

1 mg Risperdol at breakfast
20 mg x 2 Adderall
Bupropion SR 150 x2
Seroquel 200 mg at bed time
Ativan 4 mg as needed
Sonata 10 mg as needed (Can't always rely on my alarm clock shaking the ambien out of my brain to wake me up)

So, I took a new approach. Now I take.

Probiotic- 1 Billion
Fish Oil- 1000 mg
Multivitamin
Stress Formula
Valerian Root- up to 2250 mg
Black Snakeroot (OMG, this stuff is so freaking bitter, i have to drink it, before my taste buds make me puke) I take it when I am showing symptoms of mania.
GABA- 1000 mg

The total cost for my vitamins and supplements is $65 for three months. I have to say, they work better.

One, I dont have the hangover affect.
Two, watching my sleeping patterns with a fitness device, I have a normal sleep pattern, fall a sleep about the same time, and wake up about the same time. I have about 4-6 REM episodes a night.
Three, no more nasty side effects. Just the bitter taste of black snake root but it goes away rather quickly.

I have Bipolar Unspecified Cyclothymic, General Aniexty Disorder, ADHD, and Borderline Personality Disorder. I have been on this regimen for a month now, and feel 100x better.

This not a temporary fix either. I can go from completely normal to a full blown psychotic episode in as little as three days. Normal amount of bipolar episodes for me a year is between 12-24. Longest Depression was 6 months. Longest full blown Manic was 15 days and did not sleep for 12 days. I have been very stable and highly function. Maybe on the bored side.

Is there anything else anybody has tried and found luck with any supplement, or has played with these supplements as well, anybody like to share their dose range?
cowboy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FallDuskTrain