Thread: Is this NPD?
View Single Post
lyndee
Newly Joined
lyndee has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jan 03, 2018 at 10:17 PM

I'll try to be succinct. I met a man online. He attached to me very quickly, with quite a few immediate demands on my time. There were a few very volatile events, harsh words meant to "correct" me. I did eventually develop feelings for him, as he's otherwise very loving, attentive, and has many great qualities. We have so many mutual dreams and interests. We've met three times in person in the last 7 months. Every time we get together, he's suspicious of texts, pictures of old dates that may be on my phone. He throws a period of time that I "played the field" in my face frequently, even though I've been 100% faithful to him since I agreed to be exclusive. Mixed in all that insanity, we do have a great time together, working well at projects together, and have a close bond. Every few weeks, he seems to come up with a reason to find fault with me, many times because he feels ignored. I am on video chat with him nearly constantly apart from work and time that he or I sleep (long-distance relationship, so 8 hour time difference). I literally can't spend more time with him and when I try to do things I need to do, even while staying in camera, he tells me I constantly ignore him. He then blocks me on social media and sends me angry emails full of cruel words and promises he's gone forever. Often he then comes back, asking why I ever thought he'd leave. I'm going crazy. I don't know why I can't just cut him loose. It's like an addiction that is killing me. I'm in my forties and an independent person....I don't know why he has such a hold on me. The days he ignores me are painful, I have never done that to him and would never do that to someone I claim to love. I'm sorry this is so mixed up...my thoughts are in a jumble.
lyndee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BLUEDOVE, Skeezyks