Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 14, 2018 at 03:19 PM

You know... the way to stop watching this stuff is just to stop watching! If it requires getting rid of your smart phone or computer (perhaps giving them to your parents for safe-keeping)... then that's what you have to do. There aren't any magic solutions for a situation such as this. It's all pretty straight forward... at least from my perspective. I know I'm an old man & probably just a fuddy-duddy. But, from my perspective, the stuff you're watching is really toxic. You just have to do what you have to do to get rid of it

I enjoy learning about current brain research findings. And one thing I ran across a while back was that, although we consciously understand that violence we see on TV or in a movie, etc. is fiction, the non-conscious areas of our brains react as if it was real. So, at least to me, continuing to expose those non-conscious areas of your brain to what you're "feeding" them is a prescription for ongoing, & deepening, mental distress. It's great you're going to have the opportunity to see a paraphilias expert. That's a positive step! But you also just have to do whatever is necessary in order to keep away from the toxic stuff you're watching on YouTube or wherever. I so hope you do...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote