Account Suspended

Member Since Nov 2014
2,544 hugs
given
Default Jan 16, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
'To Junior High, High School Students & Their Parents' by Jordan B Peterson
I've just finished watching the video,whoa, shocking! I'm kinda speechless, Professor Rinaldo Walcott reminded me of this young student who was attacking on Ben Shapiro's credentials in one of videos from some time ago, that was fun to watch but not this New Year message. Juvenile, and it's a will to power in the organizational structure, it's a shame that we need to ask our children to help clean up this mess...

Even though I'm childless and wifeless, this video asks me of a big moral responsibility with this information, I just hope as many people as possible to realize his life work before we lose any more freedom. I wasn't expecting this radicalization, I wonder what future psychologists would have to say about this time period.

Braving the rights does NOT right the world... A, B or C, none fits the trajectory, I'd say. Unreal.

'John Dewey's Philosophy of Education'

I'm not too familiar with it, but i like it. It's not too politicized as long as we think of it from academic angle, I've seen talks like 'is this progressive education working?' type of talk on youtube. My own parent's involvement in PTA was a joke, I hope y'all don't make the same mistakes, always do your due diligence. A big centralized state education system can make everyone go mad, that's the feel I get in my country and I wouldn't know what the underlying education philosophy really is based on..........

There're some more that I could say about my country. Ethnocentricism, I think the idea has always been around, and school kid suicide or bullying hasn't been solved, you could just say it's because of tribalism, these things are embedded in this man made/manufactured culture of mine. So if you saw the video, the radical and dangerous ideologies would give students and faculties ammunition to fight each other, Judeo-Christian nation should know better how wrong this picking-on-what-stands-out attitude is, and there are other related things that I like to mention, JPB used the word 'English Common Law', which my country doesn't have in our judicial system. Higher up in this court system, head judges are not supreme, they probably don't even know that they could overturn their own opinions, a few years ago, my government made this spineless/useless 'anti hate speech' law, there were no intelligent thought put into it, can anyone guess this analogy that I'm trying to draw here? I don't think anyone should be living under the laws that gives too much discretionary power to someone who could abuse it. The foundation of a great society is at stake, we're free to take a break but not indefinitely, being a natural-born-thinker that's what being conscious is about, best of luck!

Last edited by Takeshi; Jan 16, 2018 at 12:32 PM..
Takeshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote