View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2018 at 09:47 AM

If you are going back to school to obtain a better job, I'd say go for it. However, if you are going back to school for other reasons, then hopefully you have the means to pay for it all. I went to college and professional graduate school for about 10 years and did not gain any on-the-job experience during these 10 years. Looking back, I'd rather have worked after undergrad and gained work experience. Going to school is not the same as working in the real world. I wasted much money and accumulated a lot of debt. I fortunately paid it all back but am not using my education currently in my job. I am teaching English as a second language. I did not need a professional graduate degree to do this. So, finding a job that you like may not come from your education but from working. I like languages and realized this after I started teaching. If you don't have a college degree yet, then I would encourage you to earn one. But, besides that, I don't recommend further education unless you want to specialize in an area that is in high demand for a job. I don't know your background. May be, you are from an affluent family and don't need to work. However, most people need to work and in my experience, education is not just about going to school but also about learning on the job.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow