given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2018 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered sanity View Post
I wish you luck.

will be following this thread
Thanks, shattered.

I did okay so far today. Not as great as I would have hoped. I've been in a little bit of a funk lately.

I didn't eat breakfast, which caused problems for me. Tomorrow I am going to the grocery store in the morning so I will be able to manage my intake better. I have a hard time though with having food in the house at all because when I was young, I had two older brothers and my parents, while we were not poor, never seemed to keep enough food in the house. My mother did the food preparation and shopping, and she seemed to think that all of us should have the same metabolism as she did, an inactive, mostly sedentary, 135lb middle-aged woman.

There was simply never enough food to eat. Each week when she got home from the grocery, it was a race between myself and my brothers to actually get to food before it was gone. And I usually lost and went hungry because I was the smallest.

Dinner every night was the same. It was a race to get the food on your plate before it was gone, and then even when I had food on my plate, if I didn't eat it quickly enough, my brothers would steal it off of my plate.

Hence now, I'm always afraid food will disappear, which is why I overeat often or binge eat...in addition to doing so for emotional reasons.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Marla500, unaluna