View Single Post
Greta2018
Newly Joined

Member Since Jan 2018
Default Jan 23, 2018 at 04:25 AM

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum.

I recently went off Zoloft cold turkey, after 15 years. It wasn't intentional at all. To make a very long story short, I switched jobs, my schedule turned inside out, my health insurance lapsed, and suddenly three weeks had gone by with no meds. At that stage, I started wondering if there was any point in going back on the stuff, since I was apparently doing all right without it. Many years ago, I tried tapering, and I had way more symptoms than this time around.

I'm now 7 weeks in and hanging in. The only side effects I'd experienced up until this point were really severe acne and headaches. Now, however, I'm starting to hit a wave of fatigue, and sadness is creeping up on me. I'm keeping active, exercising every day, trying to just keep pushing through. I don't really have any questions, just looking for a support group. If anyone
has experienced something similar, I'd love to hear about it.

I know this isn't the right way to go about getting off antidepressants, but since it just sort of happened, maybe I can get through this. If I have to, I'll go back on the meds, although I'd much rather not.

Thanks for listening.
Greta2018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks