Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2018 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowira View Post
Shame. I've started to respond to this about 16 times and keep erasing it.

You might have shifted. You might have found the middle of your okay zone and have stopped smashing into boundary walls. That tends to happen as people get older. This might be your new normal, you're just not used to it yet. The worst thing about it is the bad times seem more bad because now you have something else to compare them to.

I'd say if you want to work on something it would be to stop overthinking, ruminating, and projecting the future so much. (If you do know the future for sure, please send me next week's lottery numbers.) Cutting back on the ruminating just a little bit could still be a big relief to you. Learning mindfulness, not the hippy dippy stuff, the 'keep your thoughts in the here and now' techniques, might help you to do that.

I'm thinking that every thought I have is wrong, every opinion is wrong, how I feel about everything is wrong, etc etc, even if it's as obvious as the nose on my face. Hence the 16 deletes. If I'm not saying what you want to hear, go ahead and ignore me.

Btw, if I had a dollar for every time I heard "You're really funny, you know that?" from some gobsmacked coworker who finally squeezed more than two words out of me, I'd be going to M'era Luna.
—-yes, this is so right. Enjoy it. If things change,some may be your friend for years. Or you could recruit new people for yr special group. I moved to a new town and I am trying a group to meet new people. I met the most wonderful friend on a community message board. Amazing. I am totally introverted also. We can message people here as well. Imagine taking the bad thoughts and thrusting them away, as my t says. Hugs!
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote