Member Since Jan 2018
247 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Cool Jan 31, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Welcome to the Blue Nebula Cantina!

Sometimes you wanna go...
Where everybody knows your name!

Welcome to the lobby bar of the General Social Chat Forum. Think of this thread as your happy little corner cantina to hang out in and talk about whatever you like at a more leisurely pace than chat. Yes, some people actually prefer to hang out on forums rather than in chat. It’s a place for the regulars—and everyone is welcome to be a regular. No matter what, someone will always respond for you to strike up a conversation with.

That’s the point. We get out what we put into it.

Feel free to post pics (I use tinypic with no problem) of funny stuff, whether it’s your cat’s antics (Bring your kitteh to the Cantina day on Caturday!) or a hilarious meme you just found. Gif posting is looked upon favorably, as is coming in saying hi and striking up convos about anything that you fancy.

So, while you’re cruising other threads in this area open another tab and come hang out here with your friends (and make new ones) here in the cantina.

As for the name…I was reminded of this forum thread type from another site, but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…Since I happened to be an OEU Star Wars fan, I chose a name from a fan-fic of mine I never finished.

There are a few rules, however.

1. Use either the @ before someone’s name so you can keep track of your conversations and so can others, or quote the post. Simple.

2. No stealing bar glasses and drifting to other threads.

3. No bringing drinks or food from other threads into the Blue Nebula. Seriously. The Blue Nebula cannot be held liable when your whiskey sour suddenly turns into a Corellian Blue Ale because you wandered in with it in your hand.

4. Any drinks ordered must have ridiculous-sounding names. This is to prevent confusion with actual alcoholic drinks, which we are unfortunately neither zoned nor licensed to sell.

5. References to Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy earns you double points, as do vague Star Wars, Simpsons, or Family Guy references.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfd...ature=youtu.be

6. Attempting to use those points in any way is not allowed, mostly because all the drinks and use of the juke box is free (but the rest rooms have a cover charge of $5, payable in only in Krugerands or sapphires, not points). Punishment shall be listening to William Shatner's rendition of Rocket Man.

7. Be respectful (we’re here to build one-another up, not tear each other down) and be mindful that younger readers come in. That means no flashing your lightsaber around or attempting to mind-trick the bar tender, or telling people you have the death sentence in twelve systems.

8. Using “42” as an answer for any question that you don’t know the answer to is not only acceptable, it earns you a free pan-galactic gargle blaster, which you then must drink while reciting the Emperor’s lines in a funny voice.

9. Asking for a refund will only get you the drink or food refunded in pennies and pocket lint. The pocket lint is extra, but you won’t be charged.
That’s it.

For the patrons who prefer visual aids…

The Bar:

The Patrons:

The Bouncers/Moderation Staff:

And the bar tender:

(Don't worry, he doesn't bite, and he's had his rabies shots)

A brief Q&A session to explain:

Wait, what kind of bar is this??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeKvQM8gLU

But I'm just lonely and need a place to hang out!
We're no strangers to love...

Are you even allowed to make this kind of thread?
You know the rules and so do I...

How long are you planning on sticking around?
A full commitment is what I'm thinking of...

You're kind of a smartass, you realize this, yes?
You wouldn't get this from any other guy...

But I thought this was a forum for "feelings?"
I just wanna tell you how I'm feelin'...

You're confusing me!!
Gotta make you understand!

Click here for the rest of the Q&A session...

Enjoy!
Michael2Wolves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, incogneo, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, incogneo, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, seeker33, TishaBuv