Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2018 at 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistypringle98 View Post
tecomsin - thank you! I can't imagine going cold turkey. I have nicotine patches, some stuff that lowers cravings, and my vape. If I would have smoked that long, I probably would have just gone along with it for the rest of my life. But I'm only 25 and was smoking for only about 5.5 years. It was easier for me, I believe, because I hadn't smoked for long.

Part of what motivated me to quit smoking is that my uncle recently passed away of cancer and a burst aortic aneurysm. I don't want to go through that stuff in the future due to a behavior that I can change.

Congrats. You're not getting cravings because you are using nicotine patches. I quit using the patches after 4 months because they were expensive, were disturbing my sleep with crazy dreams, and made me feel kind of sick. Then the "real" quit began. Without the nicotine I had severe panic attacks and had to use guided meditation tapes etc. Thankfully it finally subsided where now I just have generalized anxiety. (Which seems to be my norm as I quit smoking three years ago.)

I don't know what you're vaping. Doesn't sound like you are vaping nicotine since you're using the patches. I never vaped when I quit because..well, sorry to say, vaping is not good for the lungs. But you are on your way. There is absolutely no doubt that smoking cigarettes reduces life by quality and years. You are on the right track and if you are scared about smoking, well, that's intelligent. Also...smoking is a disgusting filthy habit. Be strong!

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
twistypringle98