View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
8,615 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 08, 2018 at 03:44 AM

When the article came out, I was sickened to my soul at the blatant nonsense of it all. I wrote many things, on many forums regarding this, and it was mostly because like all movements, this #MeToo one is getting abused and thrown around carelessly. #MeToo is about real assault and forced acts that damage women, and dare I say even men, who have dealt with an aggressor.

I didn't see the Bill Maher thing or the SNL skit, because I refuse to give this "Grace" thing any more attention, or have any further damage done to Ansari's career. I will share with you something I wrote on Reddit.com a while back describing my views on the whole thing, (it was in response to a young guy who got accused of rape when it was consensual to him, but she changed her mind about how she felt after):

I feel so, so bad this happened to you. As an older woman now, I look back on my life at all the mistakes I have made. Did men take advantage of me? Yes. Do I blame them for it? Hell fricken' no. When the hell are people going to take responsibility for their actions? Women are sometimes scared to say no because they feel if they don't "perform," the guy won't like them anymore, stop calling, or find another girl who will put out. That's the reality. Is it the guy's fault for our screwed up self-esteem? No way.

Screaming sexual assault and rape for situations that were in your control diminishes the actual victims of such horrible crimes. I have never been such a victim, but I have had many, many sexual encounters that I regretted and maybe I was pressured into. The point is I will never blame any of the men of my past because I always had a choice. Mind you, I was a minor in some of these situations, and STILL it was always my choice. Women have a choice these days, more than they ever did. Its not the damn 20s anymore.

I was so mad when this story hit because not only do I love Aziz, but this directly impacts how men feel about courting women, and how scared they will be now to even ask a lady for a drink. Aziz isn't in the clear, he was pushy, but far from assaulting. Romance has been on a decline for years, and crap like this just kills it. You win "New Generation of Women" don't let me see you frickin' complain that guys don't approach women anymore, and have fun telling your grandkids that you swiped right on Grandpa on Tinder. Don't be ashamed that you have to devote all your time to the internet to find a guy now, because that devishly handsome blue-eyed stud that you've been eyeing at Starbucks will NEVER ask you out because dumb loose women with "Fake News" stories made him too scared.