View Single Post
Gus1234U
Seeker

Gus1234U AWAKEN~!

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2018 at 01:02 AM

i've been wondering what times of day do people test ?? i almost always test first thing in the morning, before coffee even. i have no way of knowing if there is a 'morning spike' in my bls, but if there is, i'm getting away with some VERY low readings in the night. i typically have a nite-time snack, esp. if i had a small dinner. i have woken up in the night with bsl's in the 40's 48 , 54, like that, and the shakes,,, i always know what's wrong, and keep a can of juice in the fridge just for that.

again with this doc,, he told me that GlipiZIDE will kill me in the night. O.O
what kind of idiot does he think i am ? it's the LOW bls that are dangerous, and i've proven that my body wakes me in time, ALWAYS. it was worth the look on his face when i replied:"is there a better way to die (than in one's sleep)???
he apparently believes that any amount of suffering is better than dying. and i don't even talk about my spiritual beliefs with my PDoc, or he would toss me in the cannery quick as you please.

aaaw, some days it all seems like a big joke,, struggling to stay as well as i am, not get any worse, getting worse in spite of that, knowing i'm going to be lucky if i don't die a blind amputee.... it's a wonder i don't eat toast and jam for breakfast (breaky). as for the high protein breakfast, even i can't bring myself to cook in the mornings,,,, but a couple of times i have scrambled a dozen eggs and put 3/4's of that in the fridge for an egg sammy in the morning. (do NOT freeze cooked eggs, they go all watery and yuk.) another thing i have found is 'Artisan Bread'. it's pricey, but it's nutritious. 100 cals per slice, i have to cut them in half and have small sammy's. still, one can not actually afford to cut out all the vitamins and minerals found in carbs~!
another thing i have found, is that my system digests different carbs differently. it likes corn bread, and smashed taters, almost no spike at all, but give it bacon fat, and Watch Out ~!

i think it's important to remember that every body is unique (mine is peculiar), and to try to get the docs to remember to prescribe for the person in front of them, and not the red dot in the middle of a Bell Curve (average person).

i have been needing a place to post about my struggles with the diabetes. thanks all, for sharing.

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852, possum220