Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely_90 View Post
I suspect the person I’m spending time with may be npd, I know that they don’t feel empathy and don’t care about others. He generally doesn’t care about me but he does little things that make me question everything, like making sure that I eat and I’m taken care of and safe. Could this just be a control thing?? I need to understand his behavior.
I dont have npd but I can tell you that its not just a npd thing and its not a controlling thing.

I have many people in my life who ask me and makesure I have plenty to eat, that Im taking care of myself, that I have someone to help take care of me when needed and that I am safe and sound. just last night a neighbor hear a loud noise and called me to make sure that I was alright because my wife was out of town and she had no idea what that noise was on our street. other neighbors and friends and family many times will call just to chat and say hi how are you, is everything ok, do you need anything, your eating right, right, you are safe over there right. now when you go up to your "camp" its safe up there right, you are safe, if not just let me know and ....

in other words its pretty normal for human beings to check on each other, make sure each other has what they need to survive and are safe.

I was reading some books that talk about cave man days and even back then they made sure that each other were taken care of, safe and had plenty of food and ate meals. some to the point of supplying / preparing foods for the whole clans.

human beings can be so caring and sympathetic to each other, its surprises me sometimes
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote