View Single Post
nicoleflynn
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2012
60 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 10, 2018 at 11:41 AM

He does NOT "lose" his temper.....he is in control. You are being abused; unless an abuser realizes he is an abuser and gets help, he will never change. You have to help yourself; I got out after 31 years of physical and verbal abuse. You can call the Domestic Violence Hotline; there are so many resources now to help. Do you have a shelter in your area? You do NOT push his buttons; he has a choice in how he responds and behaves. Abusers always blame the ones they are abusing.http://www.ncdsv.org/images/PowerCon...ADING.pdf...if this doesn't show up correctly,you can google the "Power Control wheel...domestic violence. Abuser s are excruciatingly insecure and will say and do anything to keep you under control. I went to my pastor, and unfortunately it was a disaster; I had to educate myself....most churches are ill equipped in understanding and helping women in abusive situations.

The Verbally Abusive Relationshp by Patricia Evans is a book which saved my life. One thing I can tell you from research and experience is....not to engage in abusive conversation; the abuser wants you to keep explaining over and over.

In other words, trust your gut; if you are afraid there is a reason;abuse usually escalates and he could hurt you or kill you. PLEASE call the domestiv violence hotline (make sure he isn't around); if you have to, make the call from somewhere else.
nicoleflynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote