View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 11, 2018 at 04:23 PM

Hi everybody.

I know what I'm about to talk about is a little bit long, and if it is long, please feel free to skim through it.

Anyhow, I guess I'll start.

This school year has been really crazy. This year (well, technically last year) since school started, it's just been really ridiculously hectic. It started first off of with Hurricane Irma (since I live in Florida) and then my Grandma having a stroke, and being in rehab ever since October. Both of these events have just completely thrown me off course, and it's affected my schooling, and almost everyone in our family.

This year was supposed to be one of my best school years of high school. I just started doing the IB program at my school, and I basically have a lot of other honors classes for the rest of the non-IB classes. And now with everything that's been going on, it's really hard to really devote 110% energy into these classes.

Ever since my grandma's had the stoke we've had to take care of my other uncle in our family, who has a learning disability, and doesn't have a job, and can't rely on his social security because they're using his money to pay for my Grandma's rehab, and her money to pay for the housing, utilities, and all that for their house. And he's a really nice person in general, but it can be extremely frustrating, and annoying having to live with him. For example sometimes I know he doesn't mean it, but he can lack common courtesy -- like leaving a mess in the bathroom, or going through and using my own shoes (and they were brand new and I didn't even get to use it yet), and keeping his stuff in my room, so when he gets back home from rehab late at night -- like at 10 PM, I can hear him as I'm trying to sleep. And it's just things like that in general. And it's weird, because these two small events have really impacted me. I don't dislike my uncle, I try to be thoughtful and extra caring to him given that he has a learning disability, and all the things he's been through, but it's just those small things that make it easy to get frustrated at him.

I guess I just needed to talk and let this out, and maybe someone has some thoughts or opinions to help me out?

(Sorry again that this was long).

Well, thank you for reading it this far.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777, MickeyCheeky, Mopey, Skeezyks