View Single Post
wisewoman
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2005 at 11:29 PM

Parenting, hmm, my daughter had an episode at school today where she became disoriented and cloudy and couldn;t remember where she had been or what she had done. her speech was slurred and she was unable to focus. I was called 1.5 hours into this. I was about 40 miles away. They said it was very serious. I drove fast and finally got there and she was clearly not herself but did not want to leave. She was contrary and stubborn but not quite there. I had arranged to bring her to the pediatrician but they called me and said bring her to er. By this time she was clear. she said what had happened scared her. She said that she had very vague memories of the morning before this began and even more vague memories of the events. They did a neurological test and she was mostly fine. Her blood and urine were good. No answers. Friday she started going from 250 mg of zoloft which she had only been on for a month,back to 200. That however does not describe or explain what happened to her. She feels like she was lost and just looking at unfamiliar things and didn't know where she was supposed to be or what was happening. I am so concerned. The pdoc is at a big teaching hospital and is well known. I emailed him and tomorrow I will have the hospital send him the E.R. information. I don't know what is going on. Then when I called a friend i was told that her kiddo who has been battling lymphoma has a mass in her lung and they don't know if it's funcal pneumonia or lymphoma. Either one ain't great. she had a kidney transplant a year ago last june. So I am overwhelmed and I just want a break from the constant turmoil and crisis. My baby has something wrong with her and her best friend is sick again after 3 months in the hospital last time. I just want to have a peaceful time, no worries. i am not sure how much more I can take.
wisewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote